Custom Marketing Research Services
For the last 14 years we have been helping Fortune 500 companies and companies nowhere near the Fortune 500 determine what products and services to develop, how to price them, exactly who needs them, how to tell the right people about them, and what the expectations will be once customers get them.
Why, you might ask? Isn't this the age of Internet business, where product ideas, features, marketing can be "crowd-sourced," where potential customers can try on different versions, make their preferences known and the profitable solution will just bubble-up from the ocean of people collaborating?
Our experience with customers suggests there are some natural limits to "on-the-fly" development and marketing, not the least of which are:
- Some opportunities won't wait forever for a solution to evolve from thousands or millions of back-and-forth interactions.
- Not every popular option or function can be provided profitably.
- Real risks to existing revenues, laws, reputations, intellectual property can persist that need to be managed.
- So many alternatives exist for almost everything that understanding specific markets and making deliberate choices remain the best strategy for generating awareness, trial, and purchase.
- Because no matter how wise the one-liners from the latest business books sound, the devil is still in the details of execution - smart doing.
- Before there can be smart doing, there must still be smart knowing of what to do and how and when.
Contact us for help with knowing.